Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Soho Nights

My favorite things to see photographed are people (vintage and modern), fashion, sports, and actions/movement. I'm particularly focused on this photograph because of the smoke coming out of the woman's mouth, the shadows on her upper cheekbone, her stone-like almost frozen in time expression and the man's head tilt.  I feel like the photograph could be unfrozen and life at the Soho Pub would just continue forever. I really enjoy the black and white aspect of the photo, especially how black the black is and how vibrant the white is. I hardly focus on all the people in the background, but without them the photo would be incomplete. I do however focus on the man in the center of the couple and I enjoy how I can't quite tell if he's in the middle of the couple's negative space or not. The object up front on the right, I think it might be on the counter perhaps a glass containers for those long scone things that get dipped in coffee. I like that I don't know what the glass container is or what is held.

-Tali Lekorenos

1 comment:

  1. i love the fact the black and white in the picture are in such a sharp contrast and yet the smoke and the fuzzy glass cup make everything harmonious. I also can't stop guessing the relationship of the two character, because of the way their eyes go. Also, everything seems to fit in the Rules of Thirds.

    ---Kaini Zhou

    ReplyDelete