Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lines

I think I was attracted to this photo for several reasons. First, I love the colors in this photo. They are soft and organic to me. The asparagus which is the focal point is interesting because the color is unique to the rest of the photo. The photographer also moved in, and the texture of the asparagus is visible. I like how the asparagus also provides lines that lead the viewer throughout the photo, as does the grate-like item the dish is sitting on top of. The walls seem to be some kind of wainscoting, which again adds lines and texture to the photo. I also like the fact that you are able to see through the doorway, and that the doorway is vertical when everything else in the photo is horizontal. Additionally, the angle is interesting and provides a new perspective. I enjoyed how this image incorporated several of the elements of photography we discussed in class.
-Paige Skuse

No comments:

Post a Comment