Monday, August 30, 2010

Matt Stuart


     This is a very interesting shot because of the use of shadows, leading lines, and rule of thirds. The sidewalk crack is a leading line that allows the eye to go from the foreground towards the pigeon and even further to the pedestrian's feet in the background. Also, the man's legs are framing the person in the very back. One more thing that I noticed was that the pigeon's foot is in a spot that draws the eye to it according to the rule of thirds. There is also an interesting use of shadow in this photograph. Each figure is producing a single shadow and all shadows are reaching towards the top right hand corner.

-Ashlee Dickson

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is very interesting and I've never seen this photo before! What an original looking photograph, I'm not quite sure what I think of it. It definitely draws me in. It makes me wonder what Matt Stuart's other photographs look like, did he do a series of walking feet? I enjoy the dark blacks of the feet and clothes, I hope there is more of that in his work. Great choice!
    -Tali Lekorenos

    ReplyDelete