Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I left my shoes at your house.


I have always loved black and white photography over most other forms. The biggest reason for this is because I feel like a person has to look closer at the photo and really think about it more to be able to appriciate it. With this picture i found it interesting that shoes could have shadows without people in them. The composition, for me, has a great balance of black verses white without being too crowded and busy. It also kind of looks like the shoes make their own horizon line, without actually having one to focus on in the picture.
-Miaja St. Martin 

2 comments:

  1. This photo is so cute! I really enjoy the young soul I feel from the photo. The story that I imagine from the photo is 4 young children and growing friends playing together outside on the street and it starts to rain. They run inside leaving their wet shoes behind. And this is the photo they look back on as adults remembering their childhood. It just has this playfulness to it, splashing in the rain as a kid and secretly still wanting to as an adult.

    I agree, the shoes do create their own horizon line but so does the water line in front of the shoes, and the people's head shadows.

    :) Tali Lekorenos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun essence captured within this photo. I think it's cool how the shoes created shadows that look like legs and how the texture of the street comes through the water.

    ReplyDelete